When having your baby with HypnoBirthing®, what you will experience is similar to the daydreaming or focusing that occurs when you are engrossed in a book or staring at a fire. You will be conversant and in good spirits - totally relaxed, but fully in control. You will be aware of your body’s contractions, but will be able to determine the extent to which you feel the surge.
You will experience your birthing in an atmosphere of calm and relaxation, without fear and tension that cause pain. Your body’s natural anaesthesia (endorphins) will replace the stress hormones that create pain.
The Wise Hippo - hypnobirthing
- Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing.
- Eliminates or greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers.
- Shortens the first stage of labour by several hours.
- Eliminates fatigue during labour, leaving mother fresh, awake and with energy for actual birthing.
- Eliminates risk of hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods.
- Promotes special bonding of mother, baby and birthing companion.
- More rapid postnatal recovery.
- Returns birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience that nature intended.
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion.
What You Will Learn
Relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labour and pain, replacing it with confidence, calm and comfort.
- Other techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labour.
- The creation and control of the body’s own natural anaesthesia.
- The source of the myth that pain must accompany normal birthing.
- Why women in other cultures have birthing almost entirely free of discomfort.
- How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuro-muscular harmony with nature throughout labour.
- Practice in deep relaxation during and between uterine surges.
- The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding.